Since my last post, When Life give you lemons, make lemonade, I mentioned changing my treatment approach to treat my fibroids by adding steaming in addition to acupuncture, dietary changes and taking herbal supplements. So this is my experience after steaming for approximately 2 weeks.
Prior to actually starting steaming, I took an assessment developed by Keli Garza, a practicing clinician that works with women at www.steamychick.com. From the assessment, it was recommended that I steam everyday with a cleansing formula for 30 minutes everyday except during my period. Shout out to Cathyanne, a wellness counselor that informed me about steaming and the concepts of Keli Garza. I purchased my cleansing herbal formula and my sauna from the same site www.steamychick.com and stared my new adventure in healing. In order to steam you need a couple of things, in my case I had the following:
- Packet of cleansing herbs
- Pot (that I do not use for preparing food) or crock pot (also not used for preparing food)
- Mumu and/or blanket
- A clear mind/reading material/something to mediate on/healing affirmations
Ok so all of the things that you need to actually steam are listed above… Let the STEAMING being!!
- Bring 2 Liters of water along with your herbal packet to a boil and warm for 10 minutes or add water to your crock pot and the herbal packet for 1 hour on high
- With either warming method, you place the pot or crock pot inside of the sauna and remove the lid. If this is your first day using the herbal packet remove it and store in a container for use for your next steaming. However if this is your second day using the pack you can leave the herbal packet inside the pot/crock pot.
- Assess the temperature of the steam with your hand or forearm before sitting on the sauna to AVOID burns.
- Sit on the sauna with either your Mumu or naked with your blanket wrapped around you so that the steam is not easily released from your steaming process.
- Sit for 30 minutes meditating/reading a book /repeating affirmations and most importantly doing yoni breaths. Inhale imagining the steam filling your uterus-> through your fallopian tubes–> circulating around the ovaries and out through the cervix. I like to think of it as absorbing good energy and releasing bad energy.
- Get up, clean up (if you’re going to reuse your herbal pack refrigerate it after it has cooled down) and go to bed… I guarantee that you will sleep better.
My personal choice is to steam my yoni is in the nude with a blanket wrapped around me. It is also my personal choice to use a pot versus a crock-pot because it doesn’t take as much time. I typically start my steaming process by meditating on my healing and my uterus being healed, followed by yoni breaths and I save my reading or listening to podcasts for last. I’m currently reading I Can’t Make This Up By Kevin Hart, which is pretty entertaining considering that I am steaming my yoni with several other thoughts swimming around my head. My results from steaming so far are two noticeable things to include increased libido and increased vaginal moisture, which are good things in my book! Does steaming take an extra step or time from my day? Of course it does, but it is personal time that I probably should have been taking for “ME TIME” anyway, meditation that I said that I would start years ago and a chance to get in touch with my body and menstrual cycle, all essential to healing. All the things aforementioned will lead to my healing… so it’s time well spent to me.
Please stayed tuned for the a blog post or videos in the future to see what steaming has done for me e.g. hormonal changes, shorter menstrual cycles and decreased blood flow during cycles as well as libido and all that jazz. Peace and Blessings and Merry Steaming!